Saturday, June 6, 2009

Day One and he isn't packed...


I was attending my good friends wedding the eve of our departure, and he was spending time with his family.  We hadn't really spent time together the last week we were in springfield, since we had so many people we wanted to see before we left.  I slept uneasily only because of nerves for our trip, and in the morning I woke to find that he had all his packing to do!! I kept my cool seeing how I was going to spend the next so many hours inside a van with this man.  I helped him go through the things he was keeping and giving to his brother, all in all after cleaning up the room we were living in, we had the van packed and ready to go by 11:00. Our goal was 9 but, "this is our vacation" he says:)  After taking my car to my dads to spend the summer, we said one last goodbye to the great Mudhouse, and left springfield by 1:00. 
After a few phone calls to my grandmother who was expecting us by 12:00, I could relax.  
Traveling in an older vehicle has its own set of stresses, since she leaks transmission fluid and oil, we have to keep a close eye on both of them every few stops for gas.  We arrived at my grandmothers in KC around 4 and my usual tardiness didn't surprise either of them, in fact my grandfather Darrel had already called it earlier that day.  After a wonderful dinner with non other than the broccoli and cheese casserole and potato salad, the boys went to the porch and grandma and I had a gossip session.  They really took to our puppy Frigg, who was bouncy around off of their furniture, and we settled in for the night.  
My alarm went off at 6:00 and i hit snooze but good ole grandpa's fist was banging on my door by 6:15, so i was forced to stay on our timeline.  We were greeted with fresh pancakes and juice before we left for ND. There is nothing quite like a visit to my grandparents. 





































No comments:

Post a Comment